Tuesday, March 13, 2007

A teaching Falcon, day 1.

So, it was the first day of my... uh... job.

The world is truly coming to an end. XD

I was teamed up with this guy called Martin, who is supposed to be very experienced in teaching these consultation sessions. These sessions are pretty much like tutorial classes, except it is taught by us students because we might have a few tips and we have done this course (and got a fairly decent result for it too).

Initially, Martin ran the introduction as I just stood in a corner. Since no one had any questions, we allowed them to work on a question prepared by the coordinator.

And immediately, my skills were called to the test.

One girl had no idea what to do, and despite us asking a few times if any one had any problems, she didn't say a thing. However, instead of the long winded crap which was given in the lecture for CVP, I just taught her how to use algebra to solve it.

And whoa, she's breezing through.

My first success!

Hurrah! \o/

The lesson, lasting only for an hour, came and went pretty quickly. The lesson ended pretty dryly, but it is only 9am in the morning, and everyone is still probably half-asleep... Or at least, I was. Besides, chapter 1 stuff are always piss boring, and it will be at least a few chapters before they venture into balance sheets where it will be truly fun.

However, it felt pretty weird teaching my housemates. While we did act professionally (no random squeals and giggles), I felt pretty weird teaching them, since my housemates are actually here before I was.

And here I am, teaching a bunch of people I'll meet during dinner.

Not to mention, they know where I stay too...

...

The world, is truly ending.

At least, for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home